Weather for this coming Easter weekend
by Goose • Wed 19 Mar 2008 16:16

Don't know if you already have this weather site but it is handy for long-range likelihoods as it covers 12 days. You just need to key in your own postcode or commune.

www.lachainemeteo.com

It us currently set for our commune and you can see that whereas all week it has been showing five days of snow, today it shows only one day (Saturday). We are in the top half of Creuse so it may not be the same for all of the Department.

I will mention, however, that we had a fluttering of "dusty" snow after lunch today and on and off for a couple of hours. It is bitterly cold because of a north wind.

I know you are a little worried, Fiona, and the same applies as per our PMs.

Goose

Goose
Mar 2005
Re: Weather for this coming Easter weekend
by helen • Wed 19 Mar 2008 17:30

THankyou Goose
Most useful especially for those of us coming down in the next few days it helps with the packing! Will definately save that link!
See you soon
Helen :D

helen
Mar 2005
by Goose • Wed 19 Mar 2008 18:44

Helen, I thought I must have told you about this site before but I obviously didn't. Sorry!

It snowed again really determinedly at 5.30pm this afternoon for half an hour and then stopped and the sun is out right now, at 6.45pm. However, there is still snow on the grass and the roof opposite. It is very cold - brrrrrrrrrr. Pity there's not a smiley with chattering teeth!

Yep - see you soon, Helen.

Goose

Goose
Mar 2005
by blaudeix • Wed 19 Mar 2008 19:30

Cheers Goose, I'll see if it's more acurate then the limoges one I use.

I thought with all this global warming stuff it's supposed to be warmer?? I was out pruning trees today and had to stop cos I could see the twigs on the ground to be able to pick them up. Blooming white fluffy stuff!

Minimum size for a septic tank (fosse septique) is 3000 litres. All installations must conform to DTU64.1 The S.P.A.N.C. technician will verify this. A principle piece is a room without water larger than 7 metres square.
blaudeix
Nov 2006
by jasmine • Thu 20 Mar 2008 07:10

I usually use this one its fairly accurate but is sometimes way off beam. I think it will be interesting to compare the difference. It it just me or has this winter gone on forever? Its officially the first day of spring today Brrrrr!
:lol: Jasmine

jasmine
Dec 2007
by blaudeix • Thu 20 Mar 2008 08:14

It it just me or has this winter gone on forever?
did you sleep through that lovely weather in february? :lol:

Minimum size for a septic tank (fosse septique) is 3000 litres. All installations must conform to DTU64.1 The S.P.A.N.C. technician will verify this. A principle piece is a room without water larger than 7 metres square.
blaudeix
Nov 2006
by FionaFrance • Thu 20 Mar 2008 09:00

Thanks, Goose. That's a great link to have.

I THINK I'm a bit reassured?! :? But we'll see how the land (or the snow) lies on Saturday.

Cheers

Fiona

FionaFrance
Oct 2007
by james419 • Thu 20 Mar 2008 19:50

Thanks for the link - gives trouty another site to peruse for the forcast she is looking for!!!!!!

james419
Sep 2005
by beetle • Fri 21 Mar 2008 14:00

With gale force winds blowing outside (UK) and mayhem predicted by newspapers for the easter weekend (bad weather,strikes,traffic jams) cant wait to get away.
I have a question? what are driving conditions generally expected to be like for the predicted weather. Is there anything you should be particulary aware of or prepared for?

If you never find what you seek, you never wanted it badly enough in the first place.
beetle
Dec 2007
by Goose • Fri 21 Mar 2008 19:33

Today it has been raining stair-rods and it is very very windy. But that's here in the Guéret area. No snow since a couple of days ago but it is forecast for Sunday still - so drive and prepare how you would normally for such weather. At this point we don't know how much snow is likely to fall. If it's a lot, chains would be handy to have in the boot if you don't have winter tires.

It will be a busy weekend on French roads especially around the cities (Paris etc). Watch out for speed cameras and parked cars at the sides of roads with camera fitments in their rears!!!!!! The French are determined to catch speeders. They place these at STOP signs (where you must stop for 4 whole seconds or risk 250 euros fine) and at the edges of towns where one is likely to speed up coming out of a restricted area but not quite there! That's where they get you.

Goose
Mar 2005
by beetle • Sat 22 Mar 2008 00:43

Blimy I did not know that, but thinking back I have encountered the small prop-up at the side of the road speed camera square with red and white tape around it; whew that was close, was I within the speed limit? did it flash? no must be OK then. Ohh and there was that occasion going back to the ferry port late one night - speed restrictions come into force a long way before you reach the village, a downhill stretch following a French car going extra slow, strange a lot of lights are on ahead and then lots of police with hand held speed guns - no doubt waiting for late ferry passengers.
P.S It has just started to snow here (U.K)

beetle
Dec 2007
by Goose • Sat 22 Mar 2008 07:15

It is Saturday, 7am and just started snowing! Not supposed to until tomorrow! Sky is white as far as the eye can see. It may ease up and we are above the snow-line here so it may only be raining lower down.

Goose
Mar 2005
by Annik • Sat 22 Mar 2008 09:10

It's snowing here in the Lincolnshire Fens, and settling (8am) too. Our son and his family are due to drive over this morning from Cheshire to stay with us for Easter in order to go and see poor old Auntie in the home. I hope they make it!

Happy Easter, everyone. Wrap up well...

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by smilespwp • Sat 22 Mar 2008 17:29

4.30pm in the afternoon here (Bolton area)and we have had sunshine most of the day. It's cold out although the temperature is about 8 deg, the wind chill factor (funny we never used to have that in the black and white days) is making it feel colder.

Could do with some global warming for a couple of days!

Best regards

Brian
smilespwp
Apr 2007
by Annik • Sun 23 Mar 2008 10:14

9.15am: here in the Lincolnshire Fenlands the snow must be at least 6cm deep, judging by the pawprints of a cat across the front lawn! Everything is white and a child has been out early from a neighbouring house to make an impressive snowman.

Our son and his family took six hours to get here from Cheshire after a multiple pile-up closed the M6.

We had planned to go out for a jaunt in the local Water Taxi that takes you along the River Welland and the Coronation Channel. A change of plan is required!

Happy Easter

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by lestroisours • Sun 23 Mar 2008 16:58

20cm at Andaleix, Royère de Vassivière, but melting fast

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” ~ Charles Darwin
lestroisours
Oct 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions