Weather
by Creusebear Sat 12 Aug 2017 21:39

We are in the middle of our usual summer visit and the weather seems very changeable compared to previous years. When we arrived it was very hot and since it has been cloudy overcast and rainy- in fact quite a lot of rain, which the garden certainly appreciated as it was bone dry when we arrived. As it happens we are doing some outdoor jobs so the cooler temperatures has been better for working but it does seem to be a change from our previous experience at this time of year. Is this just our corner of Creuse?

Creusebear
May 2007
Re: Weather
by virtdave Sun 13 Aug 2017 08:47

I think it's all over central France....we did have an inch of needed rain last week, and it may be warm and sunny tomorrow. Meanwhile, in eastern Europe there's an impressive heat wave.

virtdave
Sep 2008
Re: Weather
by Dave Mon 21 Aug 2017 08:39

The weather seems to have settled for a bit. It is forecast to be a bit like August weather of old for the next couple of weeks with mostly hot sunny days broken by regular heavy but short downpours and thunderstorms. We have often watched large evening storms raging over the hills to the South without getting wet ourselves but it's been a while since I remember doing that.

I'm happy not to have the 45degC+ that they had in some parts.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions