What do you think about Pont Noir?

Poll ended at Wed 07 Apr 2010 23:17

• It's pretty much perfect (nothing should be added or taken away)
    33% (4)
  • It's great but I wish it did something more (tell us your "must have")
    58% (7)
  • It's great except for this one thing (tell us what has to go)
    8% (1)
  • It's just an average site (tell us how you'd improve it)
    0% (0)
  • It's mostly rubbish (tell us why you still come here)
    0% (0)

Total votes: 12

Pont Noir - how would you improve it?
by Dave • Mon 08 Mar 2010 16:17

Please take a moment and let us know what you think of Pont Noir and how it might be improved.

Does this site do everything you expect it to, or is there something missing that you expect to find here? Is there one thing that you don't like and wish we didn't do?

Please complete the poll and leave a message saying how you feel. I don't promise that we will be able to do something about it but each suggestion will be considered as the site is improved over the coming year.

The poll will run for 30 days and I will lock the thread a week later.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Pont Noir - how would you improve it?
by thewrights • Mon 08 Mar 2010 16:55

Well, Dave, I sat and thought about how to improve the site, but I'm afraid I can't really think of anything. It has loads of information, well organised, easily accessible, it's friendly, with well moderated posts.
Thank you!
Best wishes, Michelle

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." - Thomas Jefferson
thewrights
Oct 2007
by smilespwp • Mon 08 Mar 2010 23:38

It's great for help and information but I would like to see the great expanse of white space underneath "The latest posts" taken up by providing a longer list of the latest posts.

And maybe a gallery where Pont Noir members could post some images of their immediate area.

Best regards

Brian
smilespwp
Apr 2007
by Creusebear • Tue 09 Mar 2010 08:43

I agree with smilespwp about posts - it would be great to have more activity on the forums on a day to day basis. I really like hearing about people who have settled in Creuse permanently and are making a living. I would love to see more people contributing their experiences and expertise.
One of the forum's strengths - in my opinion- is its friendliness mixed with some excellent sources of local as well as general advice. (I'll go to work now and think some more)

Creusebear
May 2007
by dissid32 • Thu 11 Mar 2010 10:05

It seems to me to be pretty well perfect, but there is one thing I don't understand and that is why one can't post replies on the small ads forum. I'm sure there must be a very good reason, I'd just like to know what it is.

Patrick
dissid32
Feb 2006
by Creusebear • Thu 11 Mar 2010 20:56

Bumped to keep it on the 'Latest Posts' page. Hopefully there will be some more comments.

Creusebear
May 2007
by blaudeix • Fri 12 Mar 2010 18:07

there is one thing I don't understand and that is why one can't post replies on the small ads forum
it's because I'd add scarcastic comments on the new members that join just to post ads and then vanish :mrgreen:

Minimum size for a septic tank (fosse septique) is 3000 litres. All installations must conform to DTU64.1 The S.P.A.N.C. technician will verify this. A principle piece is a room without water larger than 7 metres square.
blaudeix
Nov 2006
by smilespwp • Tue 16 Mar 2010 10:41

There must be some others out of the 870 membership, who have an input into this topic.

Don't just read the posts. Vote and give your suggestions.

Best regards

Brian
smilespwp
Apr 2007
by adey • Tue 16 Mar 2010 21:50

I agree with smilespwp.
A gallery page would be great.
It doesn't even have to take up valuable server space if it is hosted on photobucket or any of the other free sites.

adey
Aug 2009
by Lynn • Tue 16 Mar 2010 23:40

I too would like a longer lists of the most recent posts as if you can't log on all the time, you miss out on a lot of interesting things.
I sometimes struggle to find what I am looking for on the site but that could be down to my stupidity, lol!

Lynn
Apr 2008
by Annik • Tue 16 Mar 2010 23:49

I hadn't thought of a gallery before but it would be nice to have one that people could contribute to, showing their own areas, maybe. I have got pix of the Chénérailles area that I would be happy to share. It would be a way of showcasing the Creuse to one another and to visitors to the site. It's such a beautiful department, but the landscape varies a lot and what is typical for one person is perhaps new to someone else.

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by lavaufranche • Wed 17 Mar 2010 12:13

It's great but I wish it did something more (tell us your "must have") -
I am really happy with the forum especially the contributions by members with the interesting history and information of the Creuse.
I guess I am stiil racking my brain to see what is missing. The area photos idea is excellent I I would be keen to publish, I am mindful that it should n't be too burdensome for admin (thanks Dave).
The forum is only as good as the member's contributions, so the pressure is on us!!

lavaufranche
Nov 2006
by Creusebear • Sat 20 Mar 2010 16:38

Bumped 'cos there must be some more opinions and suggestions out there.

Creusebear
May 2007
by TournesolKate • Sat 20 Mar 2010 19:14

I agree with previous suggestions, a gallery would be great.
Also, why when you try to upload a photo is it restricted to a small size? It makes it hard for those of us who don't know how to reduce the size of their pictures!

TournesolKate
Oct 2008
by smilespwp • Mon 29 Mar 2010 08:20

Think Dave will be locking this thread soon, so if you have something to add, DO IT NOW.

Best regards

Brian
smilespwp
Apr 2007
by Dave • Thu 08 Apr 2010 10:16

The poll is now closed.

You'll be able to leave a comment or suggestion for another week so please do so if you wish.

Many thanks to all those who have taken part already - there are some interesting ideas.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions