6% (1)
  • None
    59% (10)

Total votes: 17

Pont Noir and Social Networking
by Dave • Mon 15 Feb 2010 11:59

For those who use Twitter you can now follow Pont Noir

https://twitter.com/pontnoir

this is manual for now, so it will be updated with major announcements and a sporadic random selection of other good stuff from the site.

Added a poll to see if members are into social networking and would like to follow Pont Noir there.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Pont Noir on Twitter
by Dave • Tue 19 Jul 2011 13:26

Does anyone use Twitter?

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by smilespwp • Tue 19 Jul 2011 16:43

That's an interesting question Dave. It will be more interesting to see how many forum members do use it.

Neither Twitter or Facebook are for me.

Maybe you should run a poll.

Best regards

Brian
smilespwp
Apr 2007
by Dave • Tue 19 Jul 2011 16:58

Good idea. I do use Twitter a bit but not Facebook. Perhaps I'm out of touch and members would follow Pont Noir on Facebook instead.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Pont Noir on Twitter (and perhaps Facebook too)
by Lynn • Tue 19 Jul 2011 17:20

I use Facebook a lot but can't get on with Twitter at all! I guess you get used to one or the other!
Lynn

Lynn
Apr 2008
by Sheriffof0 • Wed 20 Jul 2011 12:06

I use Twitter a fair bit so this is good for me.

Blogger + Web Monkey
cell: 44 (0) 781 8483219
Sheriffof0
Jun 2007
by Annik • Thu 21 Jul 2011 00:06

We have a presence on Facebook but hardly ever use it. We seem to be swamped by friends of friends who want to sign up and we have never heard of any of them.

Twitter I can't be bothered with. Who wants to know what I think about things all through the day? Not even my best friends, I would imagine. I have followed young relations who tweet and it seems meaningless.

By the way, anyone who would like me to tweet them with my latest thoughts might wish to know that I have just spoiled a boeuf bourguignon whose ingredients cost about 20 euros. I am speechless with embarassment and rage. Our friends who are coming to dinner on Thursday night will have to have something else!

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by Lynn • Thu 21 Jul 2011 09:23

Oh no, Annik, whatever did you do to it? What a nightmare.
Lynn x

Lynn
Apr 2008
by Annik • Thu 21 Jul 2011 11:16

We went out to take the dogs for a walk just before I should have removed the boeuf bourguignon from the oven to add the second lot of ingredients (it had been cooking for two hours) and when we came back home I forgot all about it and watched some fascinating TV until about an hour and a half later! I had set the oven at Mark 1 but it would seem that it got hotter than that. When I suddenly remembered, I took the lid off to add the slightly cooked shallots and chopped bacon, and the boeuf was like old boots! I also think I rather overdid the bay leaves so the gravy was sour. All in all it was a disaster.

It was a Delia recipe that I have done before but I think the gods were against me...

I am just off to Chenerailles to buy some chicken fillets to make a simple casserole for tonight's meal for six. And I had thought I was SO well organised doing it all a day in advance so it had time to marinade overnight in the fridge! That'll teach me.

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by virtdave • Thu 21 Jul 2011 13:37

In cooking, the alarm clock/countdown timer is your friend.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by TournesolKate • Thu 21 Jul 2011 16:07

I use Facebook every day. It's brilliant for keeping touch with friends and family back in Angleterre.
I don't get Twitter at all I'm afraid, I opened an account, tweeted once or twice, got bored and went back to Facebook!

TournesolKate
Oct 2008
by jeanette • Mon 25 Jul 2011 18:31

I use Facebook also every day . I agree use to keep in touch with family and friends in UK. I also use to advertise my gite as free which cannot be bad.
I opened a twitter account but just could not get on with it and soon decided to just stay with Good Old facebook .

jeanette
Jun 2009
by Zebedee • Mon 25 Jul 2011 21:50

I also use facebook almost daily and back in England would love to keep up with things Pont Noirish although I do check Pont Noir every couple of days too!

Zebedee
Jul 2008
by lestroisours • Fri 03 Feb 2012 21:19

I use FB all the time - twitter never, although I did sign in once to harang the golf commentators at some international, for not pronoucing the golfer Villegas' name correctly. Vijegas - I ask you? Irrelevant but true - sadly. Mutter mutter mutter.
Sorry! Back to my glass.

lestroisours
Oct 2007
by Dave • Tue 24 Jun 2014 16:13

Twitter is still the only Social Networking that Pont Noir uses - follow us to see occasional tweets about content or improvements.

Somehow the original poll was botched up when I tried to change the format of the voting so I've re done it. You can vote for multiple entries and change your vote at any time.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions