Locksmith
by Ricardo • Thu 04 Jul 2019 15:32

Does anyone know how I can access a locksmith in the area just north of Gueret? Have a problem with the front door lock jamming tight.

Ricardo
Jul 2009
Re: Locksmith
by Creusebear • Thu 04 Jul 2019 23:14

Could you ask at somewhere like M.Bricolage?

Creusebear
May 2007
by Ricardo • Fri 05 Jul 2019 11:00

Thanks for the suggestions. Done the WD40 several times. I replaced the lock mechanism, but the wind blew the door shut before it was adjusted and now the door has jammed shut. So secure that I cannot open it!

Ricardo
Jul 2009
by rictel • Fri 05 Jul 2019 21:23

Hi Ricardo,,

presume you have another way in to the house or are you locked out ?

Are you in The "Roches" near Chatelus Malveleux ? If so I should be able to pop over to take a look sometime if you haven't been already fixed up. I'm not a locksmith but have 30 years in the building trade including fitting locks & happy to help.

Sorry the weekend is out now but next week is ok , so if you don't get sorted let me know.

cheers Richard.

rictel
Dec 2007
by RobertArthur • Sat 06 Jul 2019 20:55

The usual suspects lineup: more than once, trying to open a door that didn't move for some time, I discovered after closer inspection a misalignment of latch and strike plate. I almost broke a key when I tried to open such a lock in our own house. Lifting the door with a prybar helped. Sometimes you can reposition the strike plate, but drilling holes very close to the original ones is not a very good idea. A file is a better idea to restore alignment.

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions