Plasterboarding
by Robjelves • Tue 10 Mar 2015 22:28

Hi all, have done a quick search on line and can't seem to find much information.
In our loft we have the usual A frame type construction. I am in the process of creating a new bedroom and want to put up a partition along the line of the A frame. Last time I was over I started to build the new wall in front of the beams, meaning the beams would be in the bedroom... But I have now thought that will make the open passage way rather plain as it will be just plastered walls.
Has anyone attempted to fit plasterboard between the beams thus enabling them to be seen from both sides all be it a lot shallower? I can't imagine this would be easy but the end result would surely merit the extra work.

image.jpg

Robjelves
Dec 2013
Re: Plasterboarding
by RobertArthur • Wed 11 Mar 2015 10:52

I had a quick look at the usual French Bricolage websites, but to my surprise not too much specific info. I tried a search with: cloison plaque de platre entre arbal├ętriers .
The roof construction and its French names. A lot of almost standardized recipes. This picture comes probably close to what you've got in mind, but the answer is not blowing in the wind, but hiding in Dutch language (see chapter 7.1.1).

Robert

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
by Jeanne • Wed 11 Mar 2015 19:51

We have done that because the rooms were small upstairs. Does obviously take a lot longer as we have done it right to the top for high ceilings too.

Attachments
board.jpg
Jeanne
Jun 2010
by kowalczy • Wed 11 Mar 2015 21:24

P1000703.jpg
Or like this, and still get in 240mm of insulation.

kowalczy
Feb 2013
by Robjelves • Wed 11 Mar 2015 22:04

Thanks all exactly what I had in mind. Jeanne did you fix batons to the beams then board from both sides?

Robjelves
Dec 2013
by Jeanne • Thu 12 Mar 2015 18:47

Yes, he used batons but he likes metal rail too, but either does the same job. I am not allowed to touch it. :-D

Attachments
IMG_0684.JPG
Jeanne
Jun 2010
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions