fosse septique
by Jay • Fri 19 Dec 2014 13:30

Hi all, I wonder if I can ask those that have had a fosse installed recently of roughly what you paid? I need one installing and cannot understand some of the high figures I have heard of. My research shows that you can buy a complete kit for a sand filter system for €1100 in France

Kit fosse septique toutes eaux

add to that the cost of two men and a digger together with sundries and i cannot see why it should cost more than about €3500?

Does anyone have any comments or observations on the above? Or any first hand experience? I am willing to labour to assist to keep costs down. Thanks.

Jay

Jay
Dec 2014
Re: fosse septique
by Jeanne • Fri 19 Dec 2014 20:51

It dépends on the amount of land you have, the type of ground, whether you need a pump; size you need for the house. Depending on that it varies anywhere between 5000 and 15000. If you have granite Under there, good luck in digging :)

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by patricksussex • Fri 19 Dec 2014 23:50

Hi Jay, try http://www.la-coterie.com, only a few km from where you are. Steve is English, legit, and did a great job for me a few years ago. Because of the land we had to have a gravel filter, very labour-intensive. He sent photos daily of progress

patricksussex
Dec 2013
by sevy1 • Sat 20 Dec 2014 08:57

Hi Jay
We also used La-Coterie for our fosse. We chose a compact Eparco system (see their website) as we wanted minimal disruption to our garden and planting possibilities in the future. Steve and his team did a great job. We were on site at the time of the work and they worked very hard to finish the job in less than a week.
Our project is featured on their website. We paid around 10000 euros as the Eparco is one of the most expensive options but was what we wanted. Ohter systems could be a lot less. Good Luck
Sevy
Sevy

sevy1
Sep 2013
by Jeanne • Sat 20 Dec 2014 14:58

There is no shortage of good quality fosse installers in this region. RSW and Chris Godson are well established and reliable and know their stuff.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by kowalczy • Sat 20 Dec 2014 17:29

Having worked alongside both Russell Waite and Chris Godson on a number of projects, I can highly recommend either and/or both of them.

kowalczy
Feb 2013
by Robjelves • Sun 03 May 2015 12:10

Hi, we have just received a letter from SPANC informing us that we have to bring our fosse up to current standards by November otherwise we wil, be fined.
Somehow I was under the impression we had 4 years to complete the work but it turns out we have 1.
I will be sending some emails out later to see if we can get some people out in May to give us some quotes, does anyone have contact details for Chris Godson? I have the others mentioned on this post.
Does anyone know what would happen if we didn't get it done or couldn't afford it. I know we would be fined (around €250)??

Robjelves
Dec 2013
by Freezerbill • Sun 03 May 2015 13:27

Have you recently had your fosse inspected pr just purchased the house?

Freezerbill
Mar 2014
by Jeanne • Sun 03 May 2015 15:53

Ours could not be proved to conform and we were charged just €90 and given the report. Assume they will recheck at some point in the future.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by Robjelves • Sun 03 May 2015 18:08

We purchased in June 2013 and were told at the signing that the fosse did not conform to current standards. As previously stated we thought we had 4 years to correct this, then last week a recorded delivery letter dropped on our doorstep in England stating the time frame.
Until we get some quotes in I'm not sure we can afford to have a total replacement. Then what happens?
I could post or PM a copy of the letter if that helps, in case I have miss translated, our French is not up to official standards.

Robjelves
Dec 2013
by Creusebear • Sun 03 May 2015 18:53

Second recommendation for Chris Godson. Helpful, friendly, excellent advice and very pleased with the work he did. Nearly ten years ago now and no trouble.
Happy to have a stab at translation but I am not fluent.

Creusebear
May 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions