Water heating tank
by Martin • Mon 01 Sep 2014 15:44

Hello all,

I am thinking of putting one of the cylindrical water heaters seen in the Brico that runs overnight, output to taps and shower. Are they a simple mains pressure cold in and hot out or do they need pressure requlators or anything special. They seem to much like fancy uk water tank with immersion heater but lower wattage.

Martin & Roberta
Martin
Jun 2009
Re: Water heating tank
by virtdave • Mon 01 Sep 2014 16:15

Before going to the trouble and expense (both not too much) of installing a pressure regulator, try to determine what maximum pressure your new tank will allow, and measure the pressure at the inlet pipe--manometers to measure the pressure are cheap. I put a tank-type water heater in, and did have to insert a pressure regulator upstream from the tank. It's very easy to install one when you install the heater. To protect the tank from bursting, there's a pressure-relief valve (at least on mine) which opens when the inlet pressure is too high-I think 7 bars on the one I have--and you'll waste water, and possibly electricity, if so. Also, be sure that the electrical requirement of the heater is ok with respect to the electrical circuit which you're going to use--for what you describe, it probably will be fine, but check to be sure.

And, welcome to France....

virtdave
Sep 2008
Re: Water heating tank
by Martin • Mon 01 Sep 2014 16:42

many thanks, I have a pressure tester somewhere so I will check the incoming and read the tank blurb.

Martin & Roberta
Martin
Jun 2009
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions