Swimming Pools
by Martin • Mon 01 Sep 2014 15:39

We have decided (I was not given a choice) to install a swimming pool, I don't fancy doing it myself so wondered if anyone knows of a local company that can do the job at a reasonable cost.

Martin & Roberta
Martin
Jun 2009
Re: Swimming Pools
by rictel • Mon 01 Sep 2014 20:44

Are you after a pukka below ground pool or an above ground one ? Some friends had a local French builder install a large below ground pool with terrace & they did a really great job, but they didn't get much change from €30k & that was 5 years ago, not including the fence & secure gate which you must have around it now. Would they do it now ? Probably not as they couldn't justify that expense against the 2-3 months when the weather is generally good enough to use it. On the other hand some other people we know bought an above ground pool about 8 years ago & they get the same use out of it & it cost just over €1k at the time & it was DIY assembly, ok it's not Olympic size at 5m dia but good for a plunge to cool off of lay on your Lilo with a glass of something. They leave it filled (but covered) all year around, just adding the chemicals regularly & running the pump now and again & have had no problems with the water quality. You'll find the major stores & bricolages selling above ground pools in the spring. So really it's a case of what you want & how much you are prepared to spend ?

rictel
Dec 2007
by Martin • Tue 02 Sep 2014 17:23

We want an in-ground pool and have been quoted around 20-23k from a couple of sources but not particularly local, if was more local could reduce the costs added for travelling.

Martin & Roberta
Martin
Jun 2009
by Dave • Thu 04 Sep 2014 09:39

There is a place in Bonnat (opposite the Intermarche) that I assume must sell and install in-ground pools, since they have a massive hard pool liner on its end displayed outside.

Google Street View

Jardinerie de la Marche - 05 55 62 17 61

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Martin • Mon 22 Sep 2014 15:54

Thanks for responses...
We picked up brochure from the place in Bonnat last week, they are agency for Alliance Pools. Not had response to enquiry from them yet. Met up with french guy on site last week who promised to email quote by last friday but not seen anything from him either yet....

Martin & Roberta
Martin
Jun 2009
by Robjelves • Sun 18 Jan 2015 20:35

Have you had any further developments with this. It is something I would like to look at, although I would probably go with a part sunk part raised pool. We use the intermarche quite a bit when we are over and always wondered what the pool people were like.
We not yet in a position to have one but would be interested to follow your experiences.

Robjelves
Dec 2013
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions