Buildings Insurance: Quote For Making Good
by DiamondCoder • Mon 26 May 2014 20:47

Hi everyone,
I have a holiday home in Merlimont, North coast, smack bang in between Le Touquet and Berck.
My problem is, I have noticed a bubbling of paint on my partition wall with the neighbours.
Once I'd bought it to their attention there was a lot of apologies and explanations of how it happened etc and that it was approximately 7 to 8 months prior.
So I've made a decision NOT to fix the wall myself in case the problem reappears again in the future.
My building insurers (through my French Bank - Credit Agricole - CA) want two (max three) quotes to make the wall good.
Trouble is, I don't know where to pick up the equivalent of 'Trust a Builder' in northern France!
Yes, I did say to CA at the time I reported the claim
'Look, wouldn't it be better if YOU suggest to ME three builders that YOU trust to come round and give YOU a quote?'
They said,
'Nope, rather you do it and send it in with the reference number we gave you.'
So here I am checking the internet for trusted builders in the north of France and not doing well at all.
Please help.

DiamondCoder
Nov 2008
Re: Buildings Insurance: Quote For Making Good
by ihusker • Tue 27 May 2014 16:54

Are you sure you intended posting on Pont Noir?
This site covers the Creuse, area 23, and environs.
I doubt if anyone here would know of builders good or bad in the north of France.
I would have thought you would be more successful with one of the forums covering your area.
Best of luck with your search.

ihusker
Feb 2006
by Dave • Wed 28 May 2014 09:15

As ihusker said, Pont Noir is about the Creuse (which is 2-4 hours south of Paris). Try one of the sites on my post about Other Forums. Also make sure that the builder is registered to do the work (don't assume that Credit Agricole will check because they might not).

Try asking at the Marie for a recommendation or look in the Pages Jaunes. Also try Angloinfo for your area (Picardy & Nord Pas-de-Calais).

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by DiamondCoder • Mon 23 Jun 2014 00:50

Thanks all.

DiamondCoder
Nov 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions