Sand and Gravel Delivery
by dahean • Sun 25 Mar 2012 18:06

Hi I am after some sand and gravel in bulk bags and a decent delivery service. Any recommendations ? :worthy:

Le Grand Bourg area

dahean
Jul 2008
Re: Sand and Gravel Delivery
by Dave • Mon 26 Mar 2012 09:25

Most builders merchants and some DIY stores will deliver sand and gravel (mostly you will have to pay extra) - for example Point P and Chausson Matériaux - look in the Directory for details..

You can also take a trailer and pick up - this may be cheaper and more convenient (or not depending on your situation). If you want a lot of gravel (20m3+) then go to a quarry instead.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by alan3074 • Tue 24 Sep 2013 22:22

Hi dave I live near bonnat dept23 do you know of a local quarry near me that could deliver 20 tonnes of shingle or melange ? When I say I live near bonnat I mean my family do I am in uk at moment and do not speak enough French to call and enquire about prices ...I know the obvious answer is to look in yellow pages but maybe some one has had some dealings and could recommend a local supplier..many thanks Alan

alan3074
Nov 2006
by Dave • Thu 26 Sep 2013 13:59

Not sure you can get shingle (or melange - whatever that is) locally. You can get stone-chip type gravel in various grades and colours. Try Sotramat, La Roche, 23270 Châtelus-Malvaleix, France
05 55 80 80 22 - I've brought gravel from them in the past (although I picked it up).

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by pogo • Thu 26 Sep 2013 17:32

Hi.
There is a builders merchants on the main bypass at le Grand Bourg, although I dont know if they deliver in the bags.
There is a builders merchants in Bonnat, near the nightclub, I went there a long time ago, so not sure if they still trade. Also, Toute Faire in Aigurande.
Pogo

pogo
Mar 2007
by rictel • Fri 27 Sep 2013 20:17

Contact Sotramat at Chatelus Malveleix, so not far from Bonnat. They are a sand & gravel working & will deliver bulk loads Thay also have samples in their office so you can select what you want..

rictel
Dec 2007
by SIMON • Sat 28 Sep 2013 18:39

Sotramat at Chatelus Malveleix.

I have not seen this place, can you give directions or a street name.

SIMON
Jan 2013
by rictel • Sat 28 Sep 2013 20:15

From Bonnat take the D15, direction Genouillac. At the T junction with the D940, go straight over. Sotramat is about 2/3 kms , on the left.

rictel
Dec 2007
by dahean • Sun 20 Oct 2013 15:58

We ended up using Parrain Ets in Marsac
First class quick service and a very good price.
We have used them again since with the same positive results.

On the other hand......
Point P in Gueret really let us down by delivering the wrong stuff and a day late too.

dahean
Jul 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions