Tiles and fences
by TournesolKate • Sat 16 Jul 2011 10:27

We are going to sign the papers for our new dream house next week :woot:

We need somebody who can put up a DOG PROOF fence around the garden.
It will probably be in September.

Where is a good place to buy wall and floor tiles in or around La Creuse?

TournesolKate
Oct 2008
Re: Tiles and fences
by Annik • Sat 16 Jul 2011 11:40

It seems to us that quite a few of the big bricolages no longer stock tiles. We have had our eyes on some at Monsieur Bricolage at Gueret for the last six years but have never got far enough in our salon renovation project to actually buy them! There is also a big selection at Brico-Depot at Montlucon.

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by Dave • Sat 16 Jul 2011 11:50

That's great news.

IMO "dog proof" isn't likely. My dog would think nothing of Coldiz and probably could escape from a submarine. Certainly he sneers at David Blaine.

Moity (Av. Berry, Guéret) has the best range of tiles in the Creuse but try the brico's first as they are far cheaper (providing of course they have something that you like, because mostly they have a selection "hid-e-O-so").

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by smilespwp • Sat 16 Jul 2011 12:49

You also have the "Soldes" July/August where you can sometimes get a bargain price, if you find something in the sale that you like.

Best regards

Brian
smilespwp
Apr 2007
by TournesolKate • Sat 16 Jul 2011 18:38

Thank you Dave, I will try there. Agree with the hid-e-O-so! Haha!

TournesolKate
Oct 2008
by zephyrsailor • Tue 23 Aug 2011 22:19

i have managed dog proof fence.... but yet to master dog proof gates.... long bit of chain works well though :o)

zephyrsailor
Jun 2011
by Annik • Wed 24 Aug 2011 00:36

Please don't chain your dog up like the French do... What do you need to know about dog-proof gates?

Best wishes

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by Les Meuniers • Wed 06 Jul 2016 14:33

floor tiles. Leroy Merlin have a serious range, prices anything from 10 to 50+ euros/metre carre. There is a range called after places anywhere from tuscany to blackpool. But they are now selling off the England tiles - matt pale yellow and only 7mm. thick- at euros 3.99 sq metre. I don't know whether to post this under tiles or brexit.

Les Meuniers
Apr 2016
by rictel • Wed 06 Jul 2016 16:58

I would think that the OP has got fixed up by now judging by the date of the thread, but thanks Les Meuniers for the information as I'm sure new members will find it useful. As we've not got a Brexit forum I reckon you posted in the right place :D

rictel
Dec 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions