Best time to arrive at Eurotunnel with Pet?
by Jeanne • Tue 21 Feb 2017 14:06

Hi

I don't usually travel with my dog but next month I am going to try it. Is there a good time to arrive when its quiet? Is it quite straightforward?

I looked on the Eurotunnel website and it seems that they check their passport and scan for their chip, but was wondering if there are often a lot of people with pets or not?

Thanks.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
Re: Best time to arrive at Eurotunnel with Pet?
by Dave • Wed 22 Feb 2017 09:33

Bringing your pet has become popular so if the tunnel is busy then I would except the pet check to also be busy. I would advise you to travel mid-week and early in the morning. This is generally the least busy time and it also means that if there is something wrong with your paperwork, you can go to a local vet and get it amended.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Ricardo • Thu 23 Feb 2017 13:50

There are usually three desks at the terminal at the pet check in and it usually takes just a couple of minutes to check documentation and scan. Even during busy periods it can be straightforward. However, delays occur when people have incorrect documentation and then try to argue their case; all to no avail, just delaying everyone else.
We travel with our dog about eight times a year, with the mornings being the best time and as Dave states midweek crossings are best, although Sunday mornings have also been OK

Ricardo
Jul 2009
by Ricardo • Thu 23 Feb 2017 13:55

When you enter the terminal the pet passport check-in is on the right before reaching the ticket machines and is well sign posted with a paw print. The building has only been open for couple of years and there is ample parking and more importantly after a long journey -toilets.

Ricardo
Jul 2009
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions