dormice
by virtdave • Wed 07 Oct 2015 13:01

This year we had an invasion of dormice (loirs) in our attic. They make a mess, and can do rather a lot of damage to fabrics if not controlled. I caught 13 of them with a trap like this one., called a nasse. Peanuts seemed to be an effective lure. The dormouse falls into the trap via the little trapdoor. I drowned a few, but my S.O. found this un-evolved (they are awfully cute) and I liberated the rest far from our house....we're now, I think, dormouse-free.

virtdave
Sep 2008
Re: dormice
by sevy1 • Wed 07 Oct 2015 17:23

We have similar problem down the road from you. I use a battery operated deterrent which seems to work fairly well. We do get the odd one from time to time scurrying about. We are having a new roof this year so any that are thinking of hibernating are about to get a shock!. I agree they do make a mess. They have ripped the insulation from the roof joists. The trap is a good idea if you are around to empty it.

sevy1
Sep 2013
Re: dormice
by edmoraz • Thu 08 Oct 2015 12:39

I have been plagued by them for years I use traps and poison. I hope your not releasing them any where near me, I have my own to deal with lol

edmoraz
Feb 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions