Mouse traps
by Siptea • Mon 24 Sep 2012 12:53

Hello,

We are having a problem with noisy mice in the attic, and they keep defecating as well. Can someone tell me where I can purchase humane cages for trap and release? I do not want any poison (also dangerous with 4 cats) nor traps that will snap their necks and kill them.

Thank you

Barbi

Siptea
Jul 2010
Re: Mouse traps
by lestroisours • Mon 24 Sep 2012 13:49

There's the sticky trap option, where they get stuck by their feet. You just have the dealt o cut round their feet on the paper and let them go.

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” ~ Charles Darwin
lestroisours
Oct 2007
by Dave • Mon 24 Sep 2012 14:02

I brought some cage traps in Brico Marche in La Chatre. Use sweetcorn to bait them (change it every day). IME they aren't as good as the snap traps. If you do catch a mouse you need to take it several miles away or they'll just be back the next night.

You might try a Weldom or Espace Emmeralde store.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Siptea • Mon 24 Sep 2012 16:34

Thanks Dave, we can try the closest bricolage, then, as it seems that these are available in those types of stores per your advice.

I plan on taking them at least a half hour drive away ;)

Barbi

I brought some cage traps in Brico Marche in La Chatre. Use sweetcorn to bait them (change it every day). IME they aren't as good as the snap traps. If you do catch a mouse you need to take it several miles away or they'll just be back the next night.

You might try a Weldom or Espace Emmeralde store.
Dave

Siptea
Jul 2010
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions