LOST - YOUNG FEMALE DOG on 6th July
by Jeanne • Sat 07 Jul 2012 10:15

My 6 dogs escaped yesterday afternoon. I retrieved 5 of them but one has remained missing and I am extremely worried for her.

She is 5 months old, and is a cross breed but very similar colour to a retriever, she has a slightly tanned face and tips of her ears. She is microchipped (250269604441754) but if anyone should find her they may prefer to phone me as she gets violently car sick, even on small journeys.

She was last seen at 4.30pm yesterday, running towards Saint Dizier les Domaines, she has a pink collar on. She barks at people but is very gentle. It is not like her to run off, she followed the mother but she came back alone. I was searching until late last night everywhere in the surrounding areas but no one seems to have seen her. Gendarmes, SPA,local shops, forums have all been notified but so far nothing.

If anyone should find her please ring me 05.55.80.05.24

Jeanne
Jun 2010
Re: LOST - YOUNG FEMALE DOG on 6th July
by Dave • Sun 08 Jul 2012 18:41

I sorry to hear about your lost dog. I hope that she finds her way home.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Jeanne • Mon 09 Jul 2012 06:32

Thank you. Unfortunately she is still missing. I have notified everyone possible and put up some posters at the Mairies etc. Just hope she turns up but have become more concerned with the storms we had at the weekend.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by Jeanne • Mon 09 Jul 2012 14:35

GOOD NEWS. She has been found. She turned up at ahouse about 5kms from home. Hungry but well.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by Dave • Mon 09 Jul 2012 14:37

That's great news.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by virtdave • Mon 09 Jul 2012 17:26

Dogs can be amazing this way. A few years ago, our neighbor's dog went missing--we all became very concerned. A week later, Albi reappeared--he wandered into a classroom in the lycée where another friend was teaching, in Bourganeuf, about 50 km away. Patricia was certainly the only person in Bourganeuf who would have recognized him.....

virtdave
Sep 2008
by Jeanne • Mon 09 Jul 2012 19:30

I should mention that I owe a thank you to our postlady. It was her who I had passed a poster too. There is something to be said for rural life with a regular postie.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by Lynn • Tue 10 Jul 2012 21:23

Brilliant news, bet you are so relieved.

Lynn
Apr 2008
by Annik • Wed 11 Jul 2012 00:44

That's great. It is so worrying when something happens to a dog you love. Tell her not to go "vagabonding" again!

Last week we took our energetic young Collie, Barney, out to a place where we are clearing a local historical site and suddenly he wasn't with us. After a time we heard barking just like him when he has something at bay. With visions of sangliers or other people's pet cats in mind my OH shot off in the car to look for him.

I could see the car on the horizon as he stopped and called the dog and went off down various anciens chemins in search. Then Barney appeared from a totally different direction having blamelessly followed a nearby deep stream until he got bored and then waded back up it. The barks weren't him at all.

It was ages before his Boss got back, worried that the dog hadn't been found.

I didn't know whether to be cross or delighted when I showed him that Barney had been with me for the previous 20 minutes...

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions