Tartiflette
by Creusebear • Fri 31 Oct 2014 20:28

I have obviously led a sheltered life. I knew about this dish but came across it 'face to face' being sold hot and sumptuous at St Aout Market nr La Chatre (Indre). Bought some for lunch. It was delicious! It was made with whole Camembert melted on top.. What other cheeses could you use?

Creusebear
May 2007
Re: Tartiflette
by kowalczy • Sat 01 Nov 2014 11:21

I have obviously led a sheltered life. I knew about this dish but came across it 'face to face' being sold hot and sumptuous at St Aout Market nr La Chatre (Indre). Bought some for lunch. It was delicious! It was made with whole Camembert melted on top.. What other cheeses could you use?
Said Creusebear
I am not intending to pick holes, but a Tartiflette is made with Reblochon cheese from Savoie and Haute Savoie, from whence the recipe originates, and not Camembert.

kowalczy
Feb 2013
Re: Tartiflette
by Creusebear • Sat 01 Nov 2014 13:47

I stand corrected - it just goes to show that delicousness can be achieved even when one does not adhere strictly to the 'lettre de la recette'! I have googled Reblochon and am pretty sure it was still Camembert I saw oozing over those potatoes and lardons in that huge paella dish ...mmmm ... my tummy is rumbling just thinking about it!

Creusebear
May 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions