Any good recipes for cherries?
by Annik • Wed 10 Jun 2009 20:12

We have picked three or four kilos of delicious cherries (for the first timre we have got more than the birds by dint of hanging CDs from the branches) but I am afraid they will go off before we can eat them all. Has anyone any ideas? We have them uncooked with cereal for breakfast and nibble at them with ice-cream for dessert.

I have also made two clafoutis from a recipe on the internet: the first time the batter was like rubber after the recommended 40 minutes cooking time at 200C, and the second time it was still runny in the middle when I took it out of the oven after 34 minutes in an attempt to forestall the rubbery texture. I followed the recipe as far as the ingredients go, on both occasions.

Help!

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
Re: Any good recipes for cherries?
by Creusebear • Thu 11 Jun 2009 08:30

I found these cherry recipes for you. I'm coming round for the cherry couscous salad!

Creusebear
May 2007
by AliE • Thu 11 Jun 2009 09:18

I've been looking as well as we've got lovely red cooking ones and yellow and red eating ones this year. Yum! I found this site - the clafoutis recipe here says 30 mins in the oven, my last effort was rubbery too so I'll try this one.
cherry recipes

Good luck!

Ali

AliE
Nov 2008
by virtdave • Thu 11 Jun 2009 16:17

When our cherry tree produced bushels of them a couple years ago, we found they freeze just fine. You can then enjoy your clafoutis this fall, too. Traditionally, it's made with unpitted cherries, the pits are believed to add to the flavor.

virtdave
Sep 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions