Ramoska
by Creusebear • Sat 21 Feb 2009 21:27

Influenced by a thread on another forum and a moment of retail therapy, I'm now the proud owner of a Ramoska oven. My thinking is that a fully equipped kitchen at our place is a long way off and this will give a workable oven element to the camping set-up. If any-one has any experience of the R I'd welcome any opinions/advice.

Creusebear
May 2007
Re: Ramoska
by Annik • Sun 22 Feb 2009 02:22

I love my Ramoska; in fact I've got two, a "normal" sized one in England and a large one in France. I actually regret getting a large one, as it is a bit unwieldy and takes up a lot of room on the work surface. I bought it because our gas cooker in France is a lot more primitive than the one in England. It is difficult to put the large lid down safely without burning myself or something in the vicinity.

However, at one time I used the English one every day and I think it produces fantastic results. You have to experiment to see what works for you best. I don't think I have used the associated cookery book very often but having found recipes that work I vary them to suit the ingredients.

I find my Ramoska is great for doing gammon joints; I put chopped onions, diced potatoes and apples under the grill that goes inside and rest the meat on top covered in honey so that the vegetables cook slowly in the meat juices. It's yummy!

Lamb and pork chops, and chicken quarters also taste great done in there, and once again you can cook them over a bed of vegetables. The New Year evening meal I described a few weeks ago in "Crazy about the Creuse" included salmon steaks cooked in the Ramoska (actually I think it may be a "Remoska" but I wouldn't swear to it).

I don't remember ever doing any desserts in it but I am sure you can.

Have lots of fun!

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
Re: Ramoska
by Creusebear • Sun 22 Feb 2009 17:00

You are right, Remoska!
Well, it got christened last night - roast chicken - and very good it was too. Your gammon recipe sounds delicious. I'll try they next, thanks.

Creusebear
May 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions