Telephone Number
by Frankie • Mon 05 Mar 2012 11:15

We are due to move over to France shortly, we have had our house in Creuse for over 12 months, the previous owner had a land line for which we have the number, but this was disconected prior to them leaving, The question is will this number still be allocated to this house, or do the French recycle numbers as they become available, I need to get this sorted so i can get an intenet account up and running.

Frankie
Jul 2010
Re: Telephone Number
by virtdave • Mon 05 Mar 2012 11:58

Your best resource may be the English-speaking help lines. Sometimes there's a rather long wait, but it can be useful both to answer your question and to set up your internet account, if you want the internet via Orange.
btw, if you plan on living in France a longish time, it may be better to buy the Orange Livebox rather than rent it. The downside is that if the Livebox gets fried by a lightning storm, Orange will generally replace a rented one. Be sure to unplug all electronics before storms.

- France Telecom (Orange) 09 69 36 39 00 or from outside of France +33 9 69 36 39 00

virtdave
Sep 2008
by Frankie • Mon 05 Mar 2012 12:05

Dave
Thanks for your responce I will ring them and get the ball rolling.

Frankie
Jul 2010
by lestroisours • Mon 05 Mar 2012 14:43

There is now an english lady in the Orange Shop in Guéret, see her when you come over, but not mondays, it's generally closed.

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” ~ Charles Darwin
lestroisours
Oct 2007
by Frankie • Mon 05 Mar 2012 14:47

lestroisours thanks for that, I will go in next time we are over, looking for Internet, maybe mobile. Not sure what the score is regarding having a land line, I dont think we need it but we will see.

Frankie
Jul 2010
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions