Web Site Design
by Frankie • Tue 17 May 2011 14:08

Not sure this is in the correct section, as I dont have any trouble, if you get my drift. What i am after is asking the question has any one had any experiance of free web design software and if so, what did you think of this software. any information or advise would be appreciated.

Frank

Frankie
Jul 2010
Re: Web Site Design
by lestroisours • Tue 17 May 2011 19:58

If you have Orange, then free software is included in your abonnement. I chose to build my own webpages.

You don't have to be a wizz but there are advantages to doing your own. If you are considering building a commercial site however, things are definitely NOT free, so read the small print. It will depend on your internet provider.

Packages such as Dreamweaver are good, but expect to get confused. You will need a good photo and graphic editing package.

lestroisours
Oct 2007
by edmoraz • Tue 17 May 2011 21:32

weebly.com the OH is using it at the moment to make a pictorial website of UK and France. He said its a free drag and drop website...all Greek to me.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by Frankie • Tue 17 May 2011 21:43

Thanks for your responces, I will have a look at them both. Not sure that my Greek is up to speed but hey ho, we will see.
Frankie

Frankie
Jul 2010
by smilespwp • Thu 19 May 2011 14:05

Is your web-site for business purposes or just a social site ?

You could have a look at:

www.marengo.cc

I have no connection with the above except they are Creuse neighbours.

Best regards

Brian
smilespwp
Apr 2007
by Ronalds • Tue 05 Jun 2012 13:44

There are lots of services for free website building, but it really depends on what you want to develop. Joomla CMS and Wordpress are ok. Some free hostings suggest their installing.

I am a mobile geek!
Ronalds
Jun 2012
by lestroisours • Wed 06 Jun 2012 07:14

Whilst both these products are good, they rely on the web host to support PHP and other software to allow full performance. Orange basic level of service (which is free) does not, so is limiting, whereas the professional level does, but obvious costs more.
It's what you need balanced with what you want in the end.

lestroisours
Oct 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions