telephone line issues
by virtdave Thu 24 Aug 2017 16:10

A neighbor of ours, in another hameau of St-Georges-Nigremont, had her telephone line out ...along with everyone else in her hamlet....she'd contacted France Télécom right away, but was without a landline/internet for over two weeks. And a couple of weeks ago, when I went to the fair in Giat, in Puy de Dome, I saw (and signed) a petition complaining about a similar problem over there. Has France Télécom just given up on maintaining their wires in rural France, or was this a coincidence?

virtdave
Sep 2008
Re: telephone line issues
by RobertArthur Thu 24 Aug 2017 21:19

It's the same old song I'm afraid.Orange doesn't like copper in low-profit areas. An old lady here in our hameau had to wait several months before she got her line back. In le Journal du Centre not so long ago a story about a village in the Morvan without working lines for several months. Another example: https://actu.fr/hauts-de-france/neufmou ... 30490.html

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
Re: telephone line issues
by sevy1 Tue 29 Aug 2017 17:45

Hi
The actual telephone line to a neighbours house has fallen from the wooden post and is lying in the bushes in our garden. I have reported the problem 3 times now using the online reporting page at Orange. I have even uploaded a couple of photos. So far the line is still down. The phone is still working at present but come the next storm who knows.
I will continue to report the fault each time I visit but what you have said about lack of interest in rural areas is probably true.
Sevy :(

sevy1
Sep 2013
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions