Site Upgrade
by Dave • Sun 11 Jun 2017 15:12

As you can see the site has been upgraded and has a new theme, which hopefully will be better for smaller screens. :D

You may need to log in again. You might find that a browser refresh might me needed (F5 is a shortcut to do this in many browsers).

The site URL is now secure and the www part has been removed so please update your bookmarks to https://pontnoir.com

There are a few things that are yet to be done but if you have an issue, please let me know.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Site Upgrade
by Dave • Mon 12 Jun 2017 18:20

If you are being logged out after each visit when you've checked the box to stay logged in this is most likely to be a issue with the new secure cookies clashing with the old ones. To fix this you can either remove the cookies from your browser cache or delete the browser cache entirely, after that when you log in again it should then stick.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by rictel • Mon 12 Jun 2017 20:25

Looking good Dave, :up:

rictel
Dec 2007
by ihusker • Sat 17 Jun 2017 16:47

I must have tried logging in to Pont Noir over 30 times since the last upgrade without success.
Every time, my username and password came up automatically but when I pressed login it went back to the login page again.
Once or twice It appeared I was logged in but as soon as I tried to post I got a message saying I had to be logged in to post and brought up the login page again.
I was going to give up as a lost cause when I tried googling Pont Noir and logging in from there and it seems to have worked as I'm now logged in , so I've deleted my previous bookmark and will see what happens tomorrow when I try to log in :hot:

ihusker
Feb 2006
by Dave • Sat 17 Jun 2017 20:20

Replacing your bookmark with a new one is a good idea. Many problems when logging in can be cured by deleting the Pont Noir cookies or you browser cache. I'm glad that you kept at it and managed to eventually log yourself in. :)

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions