Pont Noir

Live Life in Creuse

Tenth Anniversary
by Dave • Fri 24 Jan 2014 11:16
On 25 August 2014, Pont Noir will have been running for ten years and I think that it would be nice to celebrate or mark this in some way.

I thought perhaps that we could have another calendar or perhaps a sticker for your car or even a little PN badge. Does anyone have any other idea's or a preference?
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Tenth Anniversary
by RobertArthur • Fri 24 Jan 2014 11:53
Dave,

What about a special feature article in one of the regional newspapers? The influx of the Brits, the Dutch and others hasn't gone unnoticed. Perhaps this timespan of ten years could be the starting spoint for a French journalist, commenting on what has been going on in the Creuse, the market of maisons secondaires, foreigners as your neighbours, conservation of real estate. Part of la patrimoine française rescued by bricoleurs and the local artisans. What attracts them here and elsewhere in rural France. Expectations, reality testing, looking back. Two different cultures: the Nordics and the Mediterraneans.

Regards,

Robert
RobertArthur
Mar 2009
by David_J • Sat 25 Jan 2014 11:39
I quite like the idea of a PN badge or a car sticker - no green men though Dave please.
David_J
Aug 2006
by Dave • Sat 25 Jan 2014 15:34
I quite like the idea of a PN badge or a car sticker - no green men though Dave please.
I'm not sure what you mean about green men.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Creusebear • Sun 26 Jan 2014 19:13
What we need in a figurehead.

Allow me to introduce you to ...

the new face of Pont Noir...

Mademoiselle Limousine!
Attachments
Miss Limousin.jpg
Creusebear
May 2007
by David_J • Mon 27 Jan 2014 09:34
I don't think that the latest post looks a bit like you Dave but I am certain your old pictogram was a green man.
David_J
Aug 2006
by Dave • Mon 27 Jan 2014 13:40
I don't think that the latest post looks a bit like you Dave but I am certain your old pictogram was a green man.
Yes you are right. I did have a green man as my avatar a while back (but he was blue).

The badge I have in mind would be a small metal PN (sort of like the one that should be in your address bar).

As for the car sticker I'm open to ideas - although ones that lack large bovine influence are preferred.

The calendar would be similar to the last one with a bunch of images of La Creuse.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Creusebear • Mon 27 Jan 2014 19:28
although ones that lack large bovine influence are preferred.
Spoilsport!
I like the idea of a bumper sticker and maybe raising the websites profile with some 10 year anniversary stories in other publications/ radio etc. Do you have La Bouinotte magazine near you?
Last time you organised a calendar how many did you sell?
Creusebear
May 2007
by Annik • Mon 27 Jan 2014 20:57
A car sticker would be nice because people stuck behind you in a traffic jam with nothing to look at might well be intrigued by it. I think a calendar is out because of the postage costs. I'd buy a "pin" type little badge, too. How about a secret Pont Noir handshake?

As for a report in the paper, that would be ideal. The editor of The Bugle, Steve Martindale, is a very nice guy and would make a good job of a story about Pont Noir. Dave – if you Google the newspaper you will get his email details.

Last year he carried a full-page feature that I'd written on the mottes at La Tour, and he is always looking for material. His wife is the daughter of our former next-door neighbours in Cheshire.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by Creusebear • Mon 27 Jan 2014 22:19
So here is bumper sticker design concept No 1, not a bovine in sight.
Attachments
Picture 4.png
Creusebear
May 2007
by Dave • Tue 28 Jan 2014 11:11
Hey that's pretty nice. 8)

It would need a URL and perhaps our tag line needs updating to be more snappy(?)
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Dave • Tue 28 Jan 2014 11:21
WRT to reports or articles in the local press, that's fine for a one off and could be good to get Pont Noir noticed more (Creuse News did a nice article once which was good.) but it's not aimed at existing members.

I'm not against promotional articles but IME editors aren't really interested in Pont Noir itself - they either want to write about how "Brits" are bad in some way and use PN as an example to make their point or they want to write about me personally - something that I am not interested in at all.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Robjelves • Tue 28 Jan 2014 18:47
How about this
Pont Noir English portal for French life in the Creuse.
Robjelves
Dec 2013
by Creusebear • Sat 08 Feb 2014 21:06
How about "For English speakers who love the Creuse" ?
Creusebear
May 2007
by Annik • Sun 09 Feb 2014 18:03
Yes, I like that one!
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by Dave • Mon 05 Jan 2015 16:38
I've changed the tag-line and gone for "Live Life in La Creuse". I was thinking that "Love Life in La Creuse" might be better until I realized that I might end up running a dating site :mrgreen:

The 10th anniversary has long since past now - I've been very busy this last year and not been able to devote much time to Pont Noir. This year I hope to do better.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Annik • Mon 05 Jan 2015 18:29
Good luck in 2015!
Annik
Jun 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions