Pont Noir

Live Life in Creuse

8.5+ Million Hits (Page Views)
by Dave • Sat 21 Apr 2007 18:24
Last week sometime Pont Noir reached a website milestone of 1 million hits. That's not going to worry the big boys who might get that many a day, but for a small community site that's pretty good. I'd like to say thank you to all the members and hope that you continue to enjoy the site as much as I do.

On a related note, there has been a recent increase in new members each month and I'm interested to hear how you found out about Pont Noir. Please take a couple of seconds and fill in the poll and post a little extra information if required.

Thank You.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: 1 Million Hits
by kevcreuse • Tue 13 Nov 2007 11:26
Congratulations Dave!

Lovely friendly little site you have conceived. Very informative and well worth a visit when in times of need.

To everyone else out there please add your experiences for all to share.

Kev
kevcreuse
Aug 2005
Re: 2 Million Hits
by Dave • Sun 06 Jan 2008 20:12
Well, hardly any time has gone by but today we reached 2 million hits. It seems this year Pont Noir is starting to get noticed a bit more and people are getting involved in the site.

This is due the the members (people who answer questions in the forums, tell us what's going on, ask for a spotlight article, write a regular column, suggest businesses and generally hang about the place). This is a great start to the New Year and I hope that you all are enjoying the site.

If any of you are thinking of getting more involved in the site, now is a good time. It helps fill those dark winter nights, makes you feel warm inside and it helps promote good mental health. There's loads of ways to become more involved, so drop me a line and let me know you'd like to help out especially if there is something you'd like to see here that doesn't already exist.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Annik • Sun 06 Jan 2008 21:02
Brilliant, Dave, Many congratulations and thanks from all of us for whom Pontnoir has become an integral part of our lives. Keep up the good work!

Love

Annik
Annik
Jun 2007
by Creusebear • Sun 06 Jan 2008 21:04
Congratulations Dave - you should be very proud of your creation - I hope it will continue to grow this year and build on its reputation as a helpful and friendly site.
Creusebear
May 2007
by Remi • Sun 06 Jan 2008 23:19
I'd like to add my congratulations and thanks too, Dave, for reaching the 2 million hits milestone on a great, accessible site :P
Remi
Remi
Oct 2007
by FionaFrance • Tue 08 Jan 2008 19:11
Well done - the site is a credit to you - and all the lovely friendly and helpful members! :D

Fiona
FionaFrance
Oct 2007
by Alice • Sat 26 Jan 2008 15:36
Well done to Pont Noir - a great site, I found you via the Creuse News website. Thanks to Dave for your prompt help to my queries.
Alice
Alice
Jan 2008
by Goose • Wed 30 Jan 2008 10:24
I saw it too. I also noticed that it was just one less the total number of members indicated above it that day, though the number of members listed is much larger today - strange!

Goose
Goose
Mar 2005
by Witsinfr • Tue 23 Dec 2008 09:07
So Dave

Another year is almost completed since your 2 million hit milestone - How many are you up to now... :?:
Witsinfr
Dec 2008
by Dave • Tue 23 Dec 2008 15:31
Pont Noir recently passed 4 million hits and we are on-target for about 2.2 million hits for this year.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Witsinfr • Tue 23 Dec 2008 15:53
Congrats, can you extract the 'bots' or is that real hits?

Whichever it is it's a pretty impressive figure for one year, you'd certainly be of interest to advertisers who pay on an impression basis rather than on clicks (not that you're interested as you've mentioned elsewhere).

Well done.
Witsinfr
Dec 2008
by Tiddles • Tue 23 Dec 2008 22:21
I can't really remember where I heard about Pont Noir, but it was probably through another forum: Total France or Complete France.

Anyway, I'm glad I found it. Even though our house is a few kilometres north of the Creuse border, in Indre, I have found a great deal of interesting information on here, so - thank you!
Tiddles
Sep 2007
by Lynn • Tue 23 Dec 2008 22:29
Brilliant, Dave, you deserve it.
Lynn
Lynn
Apr 2008
by Annik • Wed 24 Dec 2008 12:26
I think you ought to rename this thread "4 million hits"! The readership certainly seems to be snowballing - brilliant, and congratulations.

Annik
Annik
Jun 2007
by amandaandclint • Wed 24 Dec 2008 13:32
Just out of interest, is that hits or visitors?

I only ask as we discussed the stats on our various websites with a couple of web designers a while back.

They all explained to us that 'visitors' is what is important as hit counters just count the amount of data / images /avator viewed. (eg. if your webpage has 10 images on it, each time it is viewed it will add 10 to the hit counter).

I know from the stats from our frenchwishes site that there is a massive difference between the hit/visitor figures.

clint
amandaandclint
Feb 2007
Re: 5 Million Hits (Page Views)
by Dave • Thu 10 Sep 2009 11:43
We are now at well over 5 Million Hits and just past one million for 2009 so far. Hits here is the generic term but what is measured is Page Views (i.e. a count of the number of pages that visitors look at and not the number of objects that are downloaded). This is a generic measure of activity and is as good a figure as any for a non commercial site.

We get about 5000 unique visitors a month although this varies a little, with more people visiting in the winter and spring.

We are going to make roughly 1.3 to 1.4 million page views this year and although that is down about 40% on last year it's still pretty good - but we rely almost entirely on word of mouth so please tell your friends about us. Also don't forget that there are many ways to be more involved in the Pont Noir community.

I'd be especially interested in hearing ideas on how to better spread the word (given an advertising budget of several hundred pence a year).
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: 7.5 Million Hits (Page Views)
by Dave • Tue 15 Nov 2011 16:56
We've now reached over 7.5 million hits and the 1 million mark for this year and so will be up on last year a little.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Annik • Tue 15 Nov 2011 19:04
Congratulations, Dave! That's brilliant...
Annik
Jun 2007
by Creusebear • Tue 15 Nov 2011 19:46
Congrats Dave - good work!
Creusebear
May 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions