Pont Noir

Live Life in Creuse

Places to Visit Forum
by Annik • Mon 21 Sep 2009 00:04
What would you think about having a Forum dedicated to places to visit? We have amassed a lot of information that people could add to - and originate themselves of course - and Jack and I would be very happy to moderate it.

Anne
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
Re: Places to Visit Forum
by smilespwp • Mon 21 Sep 2009 10:23
Think it's a brilliant idea Anne. With your already compiled information and eagerness to find out more, I'd be inspired to try and find out more about my locality.

I'm especially thinking about the taster you posted regarding The Knights Templars and St. Moreil (can't seem to manage to Google anything).

If it goes ahead, I'll try and contribute.

Edit: Just managed to Google information on St. Moreil local history on this site.

www.patrimoine-de-france.org

Seems to have a catalogued record of items of historical interest within your commune.
Best regards

Brian
smilespwp
Apr 2007
by Maria2009 • Mon 21 Sep 2009 10:51
I too think it's a great idea :) I don't really know the area very well - and would love to get some ideas on places to visit and the local history.
Maria2009
Apr 2009
by rayh • Mon 21 Sep 2009 14:07
at the risk of being repetitive

Great idea!

Ray
"Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" - Benjamin Franklin
rayh
May 2007
by edmoraz • Mon 21 Sep 2009 21:56
Good idea how about it Dave.
edmoraz
Feb 2008
by Dave • Tue 10 Jan 2012 15:04
Somehow I seem to have completely missed this thread! Sorry for the very late reply. :oops:

A places to visit "showcase" forum is something that certainly can be done, but I need a volunteer to moderate it to deal with advert spam (our pub/bar/bistro is a great place to visit etc :no: ) and keeping the threads tidy (one per place to visit for example).

If you want to do it, send me a PM and we can discuss it.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by fozzie • Tue 10 Jan 2012 15:19
This sounds a really good idea. Found Pont Noir for first time today.....really impressed. Good work

Foz
fozzie
Jan 2012
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions