Pont Noir

Live Life in Creuse

Pont Noir Closure
by Dave • Mon 27 Jul 2020 12:19
I think that it is now time to close the Pont Noir forums.

The forums are now closed to new members.

On the sixteenth anniversary on 25 August 2020 I will make the forums all read-only and disable PM access.

In January 2021 I will delete the entire website.

If someone has a proposal to buy the domain and run a new site themselves, please contact me.

Many thanks to all the people who contributed as members, moderators or article writers. It's been a rewarding and largely fun project and I hope that you've found it useful.

I wish you all well and I hope that you all enjoy a happy future in (or out of) Creuse.

Cheerio.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Pont Noir Closure
by Daviddiavel • Thu 30 Jul 2020 09:55
bit of a shock this closing. but i guess its a lot of work and i know there does not seem to be too many who post on here regulary.
Best Wishes.
David.
Daviddiavel
Jan 2018
by charlie • Thu 30 Jul 2020 14:16
First I would like to thank you for running pointnoir in such a thoughtful and pleasant manner. I joined in 2004 and have been a regular visitor even though my contributions have been sporadic. It is clear that interest has waned, as with several other forums and many of those have closed.
Many thanks for all your interesting posts.
Regards, Alistair
charlie
Dec 2004
by sevy1 • Thu 30 Jul 2020 20:59
Thanks Dave for running Pont Noir
We have been able to meet people in person thanks to your site and made friends.
In the early days the post re "Fosse Septique" (the British obsession) were very informative and helped a great deal.
I understand your decision to close and wish you all the best (whoever you are?????)
Sevy
sevy1
Sep 2013
by David_J • Fri 31 Jul 2020 11:52
Thanks for all you work Dave. In my early days living in the Creuse I found the site invaluable and I am sure I am not alone there. All the very best to you for the future.
David_J
Aug 2006
by virtdave • Sun 02 Aug 2020 23:56
This site has been so interesting and useful,....perhaps I appreciate it even more now that we can't get back to our place in Creuse.
virtdave
Sep 2008
by Creusebear • Thu 06 Aug 2020 23:14
I joined Pont Noir just at the start of our renovation project. I was so pleased to find a local English speaking forum that focused on La Creuse, it has always been friendly and always helpful under Dave's management. I have really enjoyed being a moderator and loved writing about some of our experiences in 'Les Heures Creuse'. I will miss it!
Creusebear
May 2007
by charlie • Fri 07 Aug 2020 18:26
Before the forum closes, I think you should consolidate your collecttion of stories and thoughts and, after careful editing, offer them to a suitable publishing house. They could easily be the basis of a successful small book.
Good luck in the future!
Alistair
charlie
Dec 2004
by Creusebear • Sun 09 Aug 2020 16:55
Thanks, Alastair!
I always thought to organise them myself into a photo book format as a souvenir. It was my first/only attempt at 'writing' so I am very grateful to Dave for the opportunity.
Creusebear
May 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions