Who to see if someone needs some serious financial help?
by Jeanne • Fri 30 Sep 2016 08:21

A friend of mine is in serious financial trouble as he is not earning enough to feed himself and is not retired.

I speak reasonable French but when it comes to technical bureaucratic stuff its a bit different. Do you know if there is an English organisation or someone in these offices with an English speaker that I can refer him too? I feel that I have exhausted my language skills.

He lives between Boussac and Guéret in case you need a rough location.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
Re: Who to see if someone needs some serious financial help?
by rictel • Fri 30 Sep 2016 20:21

Jeanne, sorry but don't have any contact info you requested but as you say he is not earning enough, would it be correct to assume he is registered to work & self employed ? If so he may be eligible for the Prime d'activite. If he goes onto
http://www.caf.fr/visite-guidee/la-prime-d-activite there is a simulator which he can fill in to see if he can get some financial aid that way.

rictel
Dec 2007
by Dave • Mon 03 Oct 2016 10:40

I think perhaps the place to start in a smaller commune is to speak directly the the mairie. They will be able to signpost you to the most appropriate service and a call from them will open doors that you can't. In the rural areas they often take a more personal interest too.

The Red Cross will also help in cases like these and can sometimes arrange repatriation if that is appropriate.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Jeanne • Mon 03 Oct 2016 11:44

Thanks Dave. That is one avenue I had not thought of. A French friend has offered to help if he can too.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions