The sapeurs-pompiers' calendar
by Creusebear • Mon 11 Apr 2016 19:38

Well, it has been an eventful stay in the Creuse and I had to call 112 for a neighbour. I was so impressed with the speed and response of the local sp team, under 10 minutes! Afterwards one of the team, a neighbour, came by with a calendar as I had mentioned I had never had one. I know that a contribution to the sp fund is traditional but what is the usual amount? I hope my donation wasn't considered too little.

Creusebear
May 2007
Re: The sapeurs-pompiers' calendar
by Freezerbill • Tue 12 Apr 2016 08:26

Great story

I always think I should give what I can not what others do or think, if everybody gave a little they would have lots of money. Some people don't give because they think giving a little is embarrassing. Any giving is great

Freezerbill
Mar 2014
by Dave • Tue 12 Apr 2016 09:53

I haven't been visited by them for a couple of years but when they do show up I usually give them €10 - I'm not sure what the money gets used for but I'm always happy to buy a calendar to support them.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by virtdave • Tue 12 Apr 2016 17:45

I've been the designated thank-you note guy for our little volunteer fire department here in California....contributions are gratefully noticed, and run from $10 to $lots-of-money. Any amount is appreciated. I assume that in France, as in the USA, the money is used for stuff not covered by government funds, items such as personal flashlights, etc.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by Creusebear • Wed 13 Apr 2016 19:55

Thanks for the reassurance - I think I pitched it about right. :D

Creusebear
May 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions