Horse riding
by Suzanne • Sun 01 Nov 2015 17:06

For anyone interested in horse riding I have recently tried out a place called La Chevauchée and would highly recommend it. They do the usual lessons, but also carriage driving, and absolutely fantastic hacking. Last week I booked for a hack, which the ride leader called 'une bonne balade'. What an under-statement! I was out with a group of 4 other riders for 2 and a half hours - most of it off-road, in forest or down tracks between fields. The horses are forward-going and obviously very fit and well looked-after. The cost for this epic ride? €36, in my opinion well worth it, especially as in England you'd have to pay £35 just for a half-hour lesson in an arena. This was my fourth visit to La Chevauchée, and it has consistently been an excellent experience. I hasten to add that shorter hacks of an hour are also available.

If anyone else knows of other horse-riding centres in the Creuse they would recommend, I would love to hear about them.

Suzanne
Sep 2004
Re: Horse riding
by Dave • Tue 19 Jan 2016 09:51

There are dozens of riding centre's dotted about La Creuse as well as several clubs.

You can find them listed on Cheval en Creuse which looks like a comprehensive resource and appears recently updated.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions