Brocantes in the Creuse
by Sevy • Mon 12 Mar 2012 17:05

I have been looking around the local Brocantes for old country furniture. I have tried the one in Moutier Rozeille nr Felletin and a place in Mars (really!)who both have some good stuff.
Has anyone else found anywhere that they can recommend? I beleive there is a big brocante in Limoges does anyone know where it is and when it is open.
Sevy

Sevy
Mar 2007
Re: Brocantes in the Creuse
by Annik • Mon 12 Mar 2012 21:49

There is a good Troc in Montlucon, and ones in Gueret and Aubusson that we haven't visited.

Why not try the brocantes that are held in towns and villages all over the Creuse during the summer? There is lots of old furniture for sale in them though I think the sellers have become greedy over the years. You need to be good at bargaining!

Also you might try the small ads in The Bugle.

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by virtdave • Tue 13 Mar 2012 04:50

The one at Pont Roby in Felletin can be fun, and the one in La Courtine is rather famous, it seems. Both are in mid-summer. And perhaps the largest fair in Europe takes place in Les HĂ©rolles on the 29th of each month (unless the 29th is a Sunday), where you can buy pretty much anything, including horses, sheep and rabbits--it's about 40 km northwest of La Souterraine, just into the Vienne. If you go, go early and walk the last half kilometer, the crowds can be daunting. It's definitely worth a visit just to see it.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by dissid32 • Tue 13 Mar 2012 09:09

You could try Arfeuille Antiques if you're passing that way. They have some quite nice things, although I don't know how they are price wise. Run by an english couple. If you look them up on Google they give a map. And as Annik says there are the vide grenier/brocante fairs in the summer.

Patrick
dissid32
Feb 2006
by thewrights • Tue 13 Mar 2012 16:00

As well as the Troc de l'Ile shops in Montluçon and in Limoges, we found Trocadore in Limoges very good too.

www.trocadore.com

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." - Thomas Jefferson
thewrights
Oct 2007
by pili-pala • Sat 17 Mar 2012 08:44

Hi,
You can try this website www.vide-grenier.fr. Then put in which dept you are in and it will show you all of the vides and brocantes that will be held during the year. It's not the same as visiting a shop but it's a great way of seeing all of the different villages and seeing what people have to sell. I reckon the prices would be lower than in a shop as well.
Enjoy

Is it "la" or is it "le"?
pili-pala
Apr 2010
by sally watkins • Wed 04 May 2016 00:53

Hi there,

We're just about to begin buying bits and pieces of furniture. Does anyone know if you can bargain a bit on Bon Coin? Some things seem much better value than others.

Thank you

Sally

sally watkins
Jul 2015
by Freezerbill • Wed 04 May 2016 08:25

Yes you can bargin, always.
I have found however that the French want near the price they paid for the item, even if its 10 yrs old!

Have you visited Emmaus Limoges?

87480 saint-priest-taurion

Freezerbill
Mar 2014
by edmoraz • Sat 14 May 2016 18:09

There is also a recycle shop in gueret which is cracking value, I believe there is one in bourganeuf but I haven't been to that one.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by Creusebear • Sat 14 May 2016 18:48

Hi edmoraz, where is that shop in Gueret? I love a bargain!

Creusebear
May 2007
by edmoraz • Sat 14 May 2016 19:11

It's on the industrial estate behind the stadium. Do you know where I mean.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by edmoraz • Sat 14 May 2016 19:18

Route de Cher du prat and rue de cross on the corner of these two I think

edmoraz
Feb 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions