Sewing Machine Servicing
by tresuer • Fri 24 Feb 2012 09:09

We have been looking for a new person to service our sewing machines, a Pfaff and a Singer, as the shop we usually use in Guéret has closed.

I have heard there is a man at one of the markets, has anyone spotted him?

Trevor

tresuer
Jun 2008
Re: Sewing Machine Servicing
by dissid32 • Fri 24 Feb 2012 18:17

Have you tried yellow pages?

Patrick
dissid32
Feb 2006
by lestroisours • Fri 24 Feb 2012 19:31

Nothing in the Creuse any more, But there are Singer repairers and servicers in Palais sur Vienne near Limoges, Chateauroux, Bourges, Moulins and Montlucon, whatever the nearest to you may be. So you have some travel to consider. I service ours myself.

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” ~ Charles Darwin
lestroisours
Oct 2007
by tresuer • Tue 28 Feb 2012 07:41

Have you tried yellow pages?
Said dissid32
Thank you for your suggestion, yes I have looked in yellow pages,but I though I would look for the person who dose the markets that I have been told about.
Patrick, had a look at your profile,I also am a artist.

Trevor.

tresuer
Jun 2008
by tresuer • Tue 28 Feb 2012 07:57

Nothing in the Creuse any more, But there are Singer repairers and servicers in Palais sur Vienne near Limoges, Chateauroux, Bourges, Moulins and Montlucon, whatever the nearest to you may be. So you have some travel to consider. I service ours myself.
Said lestroisours

G4NAB from G1NRD. Thank you for suggestions.I have had it apart a few times but decided it neads a pro.

- .-. . ...- --- .-.

tresuer
Jun 2008
by smilespwp • Tue 28 Feb 2012 08:20

Trevor

Can't help thinking if you gave some idea of your location in your profile, then it might give readers an idea of where you might be looking.

If you were in the UK, I might be able to help in sourcing a professional, but no doubt you would also be able to do that.

Best of luck G7BKL

Best regards

Brian
smilespwp
Apr 2007
by tresuer • Tue 28 Feb 2012 09:00

Trevor

Can't help thinking if you gave some idea of your location in your profile, then it might give readers an idea of where you might be looking.

If you were in the UK, I might be able to help in sourcing a professional, but no doubt you would also be able to do that.

Best of luck G7BKL
Said smilespwp
Yes Brian you are correct, and the thing is it's me that's always saying why don't they say where they are.

G7BKL from G1NRD

tresuer
Jun 2008
by lestroisours • Tue 28 Feb 2012 09:20

Regarding the markets, La Croisille market (haute vienne) on the 18th of every month, I remember seeing a singer sewing machine repair man. In fact I think I have seen one in Bourganeuf in the summer markets.

lestroisours
Oct 2007
by Annik • Tue 28 Feb 2012 10:17

A sewing machine chap comes to Chénérailles market (the days it is held are complicated, you would probably need to look them up on Google as there is a formula for the days which has so many exceptions that they are unmemorable) and especially the two annual horse fairs. I'm afraid I don't know his name.

Annik

PS: I've just Googled "Chénérailles marché" and was really annoyed to find on the site for the markets of France: "Il n'y a pas de marché sur la commune de Chénérailles, voici les marché les plus proches", which is utter rubbish! There has been a market in Chénérailles for centuries.

PPS: One for Creusebear: "Why isn't it "voici les marchés les plus proches"?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by Sevy • Wed 29 Feb 2012 18:27

Hi
There is a chap that sells new and reconditioned sewing machines on Felletin market. I am sure he does repairs/service. It is on a Friday morning. However he may not be there every week. The market is well worth a visit anyway as it is the best one around.
Sevy

Sevy
Mar 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions