Chenerailles - New French/English integration association
by Jeanne • Tue 08 Feb 2011 11:00

A new association has just been formed, called ALEC (Amities Locales en Creuse). Its main aim is integration and exchange of French/English/ International cultures and language.

There will be a reunion taking place on the 9th February at the Salle de Fetes at Chenerailles commencing at 8pm.

The inaugural meeting had an almost 50/50 mix of French/English.

So if anyone is interested in integrating more in to the community please come along.

The reunions will be both in French and English.

(Hope this is the right spot to post it!)

Jeanne
Jun 2010
Re: Chenerailles - New French/English integration associatio
by Annik • Wed 09 Feb 2011 01:10

Sounds interesting. We won't be in France on Feb 9 but it would be nice to know what happens. Could you keep everyone posted?

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by Jeanne • Wed 09 Feb 2011 11:18

Yes, I will let you know how tonight's event goes and dates for the future too.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by Lynn • Wed 09 Feb 2011 20:39

Really disappointed not to know about this until tonight, so shall hope to go next time. How often will the meetings be held?
Lynn

Lynn
Apr 2008
by Jeanne • Thu 10 Feb 2011 07:38

At the moment they will be held monthly and the plan is for the second week of each month. The day of the week would remain flexible so that we could accommodate as many supporters/members as possible.

Last night was spent in small groups of French and English, mostly introductions in both languages, just getting to know each other's names, etc. People swapped around after a few minutes so that they had the opportunity to meet everyone.

We are trying to keep it interesting by planning events and everyone was asked what they would like to do.

Initial feedback showed strong interest in walks, perhaps combined with photography, a treasure hunt car rally and mixed teams quiz night, but there were several other items on the list.

If anyone has some French neighbours or friends that would be interested then please tell them. Our aim is to keep a good balance of nationalities. If there is anyone without internet access then the dates will be phoned through to them.

It is early days so please bear with us in case we have any teething troubles :oops:

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by Lynn • Thu 10 Feb 2011 08:48

Sounds really good, thanks for the info.
Lynn

Lynn
Apr 2008
Re: ALEC - 2nd event
by Twinkletoes • Sat 12 Mar 2011 17:05

The association met again on Tuesday evening with a Fish and Chip night at Auberge du Golfe. The meal was lovely and the hosts excellent. It is the first time I had been to this restaurant and I would highly recommend it for a plate of good fish and chips English style if you miss it. Also they do a good selection of other meals and their opening times suit young children.
The atmosphere was great and everybody said they enjoyed the meeting on their way out. Superb fun! :D

Twinkletoes
Oct 2007
by Lynn • Sat 12 Mar 2011 21:31

How does one find out when these meetings are? I keep hearing about them after they have happened.

Lynn
Apr 2008
by Twinkletoes • Sun 13 Mar 2011 11:38

All those in the east Creuse area who are interested in joining the association are welcome to look at the website for the association, where membership information and events information is provided. Or you can send me an e-mail with your details - name, location, e-mail and I will send you some more information on membership and how to join. (Dave I hope its okay putting this info up. We are non-profit association about integration). There are a number of associations in different parts of the Creuse. We concentrate on the east of Creuse with events being mainly within a 30kmish radius of Chenerailles.

Twinkletoes
Oct 2007
by redburmese • Sun 13 Mar 2011 12:18

Wish there was something in the Bourganeuf area 'but doesnot seem to be anyone interested .

redburmese
Aug 2008
by Jeanne • Tue 15 Mar 2011 19:33

Are the ones at Dun le Palestel too far for you? There is Entente Cordiale and the library meetings too. They have a few things. Its advertised in The Bugle every month.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by redburmese • Thu 17 Mar 2011 13:03

Bit of a long drive for me Jeanne 'and with the price of petrol 'but thanks anyway .I have heard of that one and it sound good 'i cannot understand why nobody in this area is interested and i have made enqueries .

redburmese
Aug 2008
by sportmad • Sun 27 Mar 2011 10:58

The next meeting will be a French/English quiz night on Thursday 14 April at 8.30 pm at the Maison de la Culture in Chenerailles.

The questions will be in English and French as will the and subject matter, so teams will need a knowledge of both cultures. If you would like to come along to see what the association is abour why not bring along your french friends and make up a team.

The association website is at ALEC association

There is a contact form there if you would like more information.

Other monthly events through until July are listed on the website.

sportmad
Mar 2011
by edmoraz • Sun 27 Mar 2011 11:03

Hi I am having trouble accessing the link, is it correct?

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by Lynn • Sun 27 Mar 2011 11:27

I just tried it and it worked OK for me.

Lynn
Apr 2008
by Annik • Sun 27 Mar 2011 11:59

Me too,

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by edmoraz • Sun 27 Mar 2011 13:40

It works ok now.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by sportmad • Tue 19 Apr 2011 11:31

:P News of May meetings on the website and a photo competition for members, through until September. Please use the contact form if you think you will attend the car rally, so we have an idea of numbers.

Only 25-30k, car rally/treasure hunt and social afterwards.

sportmad
Mar 2011
by klondyke • Thu 29 Dec 2011 20:41

Wish there was something in the Bourganeuf area 'but doesnot seem to be anyone interested .
Said redburmese
We have just purchased a property in Chatelus le Marcheix and would like any info on any Anglo/French association in the Bourganeuf area

klondyke
Dec 2011
by Jeanne • Sat 31 Dec 2011 17:27

I don't know of anything in the Bourganeuf area. There are often people asking about it. Most seem to travel to La Souterraine or Dun le Palestel.

The Chenerailles Association is being dissolved as there was insufficient support from the French side. Whether it was the events or the timings we don't know.

There is going to be a Facebook group formed which will accept suggestions and ideas from any who joins the page for meet ups etc and they will be in a wider area which would include Gueret etc. Perhaps that may be of interest to you? It is not off the ground yet as the official Association is not dissolved until the middle of January but after that it will be available and will be easier as there will be no management needed and just like minded people.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions