Re: Travelling to the Creuse
by Lynn • Mon 30 Apr 2012 21:44

We have had one for about 5 years and it's brilliant, no queueing or hunting around for change or your card or jumping out of your right-hand drive car to go and pay. They only charge you in the months that you use the doofer, about 2 euros a month, so it's not a bad price and we consider it well worth it.
They even have some new toll booths that if you drive through at 30kph, you don't even have to stop at all, great. I'd recommend them to anyone who uses the toll roads.

Lynn
Apr 2008
by Annik • Tue 01 May 2012 08:49

We had one some years ago but as most of our autoroute travelling is done with a roof box on our Ford Galaxy, the vehicle was too high to go under the bar at the automatic toll booth and we had to stop and pay anyway! We didn't renew our subs.

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by lestroisours • Tue 01 May 2012 09:20

I normally travel with a big antenna attached, so I have similar problems at the péages and the restrictors. Our use of the autoroutes is minimal except the a71 a20 stretches anyway. It suprises our visitors how far we are from the autoroute in the first place. Any of them are at least an hour from us in any direction, not a single straight road. I love it as a driver, but as a passenger, nooo! hate it. Worse than sea sick - me! Give me a straight road and a pillow! Anne drives then. Gives me a chance to use the radio too, dah-di-dah! (Jack will know what that means perhaps)

lestroisours
Oct 2007
by Ricardo • Wed 02 May 2012 00:08

I use the SANEF transponder. It is so convenient. Even with a roof box there are telepeage lanes with unrestricted height so there is no stopping. I had no problems using it with a trailer and roof box three weeks ago.

Ricardo
Jul 2009
by kenwildon • Wed 19 Sep 2012 18:14

Just in case anyone needed reminding!

Le premier radar discriminant installé en Creuse a été mis en production le 17 septembre 2012. Il est situé sur la RN 145 au niveau de l'aire de repos de l'Espérance dans le sens La Souterraine - Guéret.

Par rapport aux radars existants dans le département, la particularité de ce type d'appareil est qu'il peut différencier les poids lourds des véhicules légers et les contrôler en fonction de la vitesse limite autorisée qui est applicable à chacun, à savoir :
- 110 km/h pour les véhicules légers ≤ 3,5 t
- 90 km/h pour les poids lourds ≤ 12 t
- 80 km/h pour les poids lourds > 12 t

C'est la forte proportion de poids lourds circulant sur cet axe (de l'ordre de 3000 poids lourds par jour) qui a été l'argument déterminant pour l'attribution de cet appareil de nouvelle technologie.

Un équipement similaire devrait être mis en service ultérieurement, vers le Pont à la Dauge, dans le sens Montluçon – Guéret, dès les derniers ajustements techniques effectués
:hot: :no:

kenwildon
Nov 2007
by Jeanne • Wed 19 Sep 2012 21:18

That radar is not working properly. Its been flashing everyone for the past few days, all have been under the speed limit and the speed indicator is faulty too, saying your doing 85 when really its at least 100.

Hope they realise its gone loopy otherwise there are going to be some seriously disgruntled drivers :)

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by lavaufranche • Sat 20 Oct 2012 16:09

Press release 18th Oct 2012
Euroferries announces the launch of it’s 2013 express cross channel service between Ramsgate and Boulogne to commence in February 2013.
I know there has been some speculation in the past about the Ramsgate route. Hopefully, a new operator will provide more competition. The newly built 102m trimaran, which will be providing the high-speed service has a sophisticated stabilising system. Look forward to hearing feedback of the service in Feb.

lavaufranche
Nov 2006
by kenwildon • Mon 22 Oct 2012 10:05

Euroferries announces the launch of it’s 2013 express cross channel service between Ramsgate and Boulogne to commence in February 2013.
I know there has been some speculation in the past about the Ramsgate route. Hopefully, a new operator will provide more competition. The newly built 102m trimaran, which will be providing the high-speed service has a sophisticated stabilising system. Look forward to hearing feedback of the service in Feb.
Said lavaufranche
Be interesting to watch this one as their previous venture came to nought.

kenwildon
Nov 2007
by Steve • Tue 12 Mar 2013 18:29

Said lavaufranche
Be interesting to watch this one as their previous venture came to nought.
Said kenwildon
It is now nearly the middle of March and the Euroferries website has nothing more than a holding statement on it. Clearly it has not commenced in February 2013 as was advertised. A route to Boulogne again would be great, but not holding my breath to wait for it!

Steve
Apr 2008
by kenwildon • Wed 13 Mar 2013 09:23

It is now nearly the middle of March and the Euroferries website has nothing more than a holding statement on it. Clearly it has not commenced in February 2013 as was advertised. A route to Boulogne again would be great, but not holding my breath to wait for it!
Said Steve
Advice in the last few days is that she is still moored somewhere on the west coast of Australia and any more local news of the start date is non-existent. I emailed Euroferries some weeks back but have heard nothing.

Your guess is as good as mine and your advice on breath holding is probably spot on.

kenwildon
Nov 2007
by edmoraz • Mon 15 Apr 2013 10:40

The diversion in Rouen is forcast to be in place for over a year. I know this sounds daft but does anyone know how to avoid Rouen on the Rouen route. We go past the church with two spires keeping the river to our right on the way down but there is a dangerous junction using this route on the way back and got stuck in the diversion last time.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by kenwildon • Tue 16 Apr 2013 11:04

We went Rouen way over Easter. The route south was reasonably well signposted in Rouen following the river until you reach Ikea then onto the A13. Quite easy if time consuming.
On the way back the diversion, which was well marked all of the way, started before Rouen and simply had you following the Le Havre / Dieppe route around Rouen. It added a little over a euro to toll fees, about 40km in overall distance but only about 20 minutes to the journey time.

kenwildon
Nov 2007
by edmoraz • Wed 17 Apr 2013 07:50

We did the same route as you on the way down but followed the signs and ended up in rush hour traffic in the centre of Rouen. So do you go past the usual exit into Rouen and take the next one?

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by SIMON • Thu 18 Apr 2013 09:27

This diversion in Rouen, where about's is it as I can not see it any where.
I was going to come down from Calais A28 then cross the sienne and join the motorwayA3/A154 south of Rouen.
LOOKED AT MICHILEN ROUTE FIDER NO MENTION.

SIMON
Jan 2013
by kenwildon • Thu 18 Apr 2013 10:07

Just follow your normal route then when you get to the diversion signs simply follow them. Honest.
Oh. And it will certainly help if you turn off your satnav and any other extraneous interuptions!

Bon voyage

kenwildon
Nov 2007
by rictel • Sun 19 May 2013 17:02

Just wondered if there are any updates re the Rouen diversion & anyone had come through it lately ?

rictel
Dec 2007
by edmoraz • Mon 20 May 2013 07:29

I think its on until next year but I would be interested to know too as we travel over on Thursday.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by kenwildon • Sun 20 Oct 2013 10:06

Does anyone know if bridge repairs have been completed in Rouen yet? Travelling down Thursday :?:

kenwildon
Nov 2007
by Annik • Sun 20 Oct 2013 20:10

There is a news website called "76actu" which came up when I searched on "travaux+rouen+pont" that says it will take 50 weeks to do the work on the Pont-Matilde and it is due to finish next summer. Apparently it was damaged when a lorry full of "hydrocarbures" caught fire on it. Good thing it wasn't in the tunnel.

Vidéo. Les travaux du pont Mathilde, à Rouen : c'est parti

We came up through Rouen on the way home to England at the end of September, staying at Mont St-Aignan, but it was evening and the traffic wasn't too bad - although we hate driving in Rouen even with a sat-nav

Annik.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by kenwildon • Mon 21 Oct 2013 07:28

Thanks Annik
Ken

kenwildon
Nov 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions