Where do you live in Creuse?
by Dave • Sat 28 Aug 2004 07:30

North, South, East or West which part of Creuse is best? :wink:

I live in the north almost on the boarder of Indre, although I've also lived in the SW as well. I reckon this is one of the most rural parts with rolling hills and little industry, compared even to the rest of the department.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Where do you live in La Creuse?
by charlie • Tue 04 Jan 2005 07:23

Hi everyone,
I will come clean from the start. We don't live in Creuse but just over the border in Indre. We have the same idyllic life in beautiful surroundings for about 10 weeks of the year. Many of our friends have homes in the North of Creuse and we are content to share our experiences with everyone. Happy New Year to you all.
Charlie

charlie
Dec 2004
by smartinee • Thu 17 Mar 2005 11:58

Hi everyone
I'm not sure of N E S W But we live in-between Gueret and Aubusson. We have been here 2 years.
Anyone else live around here? Its very rural I've heard thee are quite a few brits around but haven't met many as yet!

smartinee
Mar 2005
by Goose • Fri 18 Mar 2005 10:51

Sounds like you live not too far from us??? We're near Moutier D'Ahun (3 kilometres away) hamlet called Fontigier in between Cressat and Moutier D'Ahun.

Goose
Mar 2005
by dikdok • Fri 03 Jun 2005 21:17

We are in the early stages of "doing up" a cottage in Dontreix, SE of Auzances near the border with Puy-de Dome. Will probably be habitable in about a year, for holidays initially with a view to 50/50 use after retirement.

dikdok
Jun 2005
by parsacjohn • Thu 23 Jun 2005 13:38

We have a house in Parsac, but unfortunately have to live in Gods own county (Yorkshire)for a few years yet until our youngest daughter finishes her education.

parsacjohn
Feb 2005
by Landa • Mon 11 Jul 2005 15:40

Hi everyone,my partner and I live in La brodiere which is the other side of Lourdoueix St Piere nearest main town is Aigurande.We are right on the border of Indre.We come from Wimborne in Dorset. Have been here three months now.My partner used to restore classic cars in a barn in Blandford Dorset.Now we have found one in our barn that he eventually wants to restore!

Landa
Feb 2005
by arthur • Fri 30 Sep 2005 15:19

we have just bought a house in cluptat near borganeuf do i have any neighbours who i can call upon for advice, when i start the renovation work next year
arthur

arthur
Sep 2005
by VicH • Mon 03 Oct 2005 12:46

My wife and I have bought a house in Chabannes, a small village 10 kms south of La Souterraine, near St Pierre de Fursac,

VicH

VicH
Sep 2005
by james419 • Tue 04 Oct 2005 01:08

Greetings all
my wife and I made the move in May and live in Moutier Malcard just south of the Indre B borders - however never seen any sign of customs!
Love it here
James

james419
Sep 2005
by Darkmetal • Tue 04 Oct 2005 04:31

Hi all
moveing to fourneaux soon
signing around the end of november
and looking forward to it
so if any one has any kind of information on the area
ie fishing/shooting/horse rideing and the likes
would be great to hear from you
thanks
alex & lynne

Darkmetal
Sep 2005
by james419 • Thu 06 Oct 2005 10:39

Good choice nice area - friday market - all sorts of activities - drove through earlier in the summer - small circus with all the animals - well looked after - in the square - very interesting and people wandering around looking at the animals and no one trying to charge them for the privilege!!
James

james419
Sep 2005
by chaillac1 • Wed 18 Jan 2006 14:57

Have brought two houses in the village of Chaillac, Indre, which is about 7Km west of Saint Benoit Du Sault. Right on frontier land the houses are joined together, At the moment we are earning money in Birmingham but spending it all in France. Both need a fair bit of work but the one is part done and ok / good to live in. We are learning french as from last Sept but i tend to have this image that when i have a go and talk the talk the french hear me as the french cop out of allo allo. We have plans to live half and half when we get sorted.

chaillac1
Dec 2005
by arthur • Wed 18 Jan 2006 15:05

I cannot argue with Dave, the creuse is very rural and we are really missing being there, back to start work inlate feb early march, and depending on what the estate agent says (has his own co.) i could be picking your brains
arthur cluptat near st. dizier leyrenne

arthur
Sep 2005
Where do you live in Creuse?
by jumac • Mon 06 Feb 2006 13:06

Hi, We have a house just on the borders of Allier and Creuse. Hoping to move over in 2007 but lots of renovation work to be done before then. Its green,
peaceful and quite near to Montlucon. Can't wait to be there and get out of the rat race!

jumac
Jul 2005
by sibois • Fri 02 Jun 2006 10:16

Small hamlet in the Foret de Chabannes, just south of Dun-Le-Palestel. Beatiful and peaceful.

sibois
Oct 2005
by moses • Thu 05 Oct 2006 00:17

we have a house in les mazeaux (near nouziers)a small semi type cottage with a little land in the north of creuse set in a hamlet of about 10 houses, neighbors are great and we are always made to feel welcome???
we plan to use the house more as the children grow up and hopefully we can eject ourselves from the rat race in about 5 years time but at present i am learning french under tuition and slowly doing the house up and count the days until my next diy trip.
my parents have been down a lot so it is quite rare for the house to be empty for long periods.
anthony

moses
Aug 2006
by Ruston • Thu 09 Nov 2006 03:18

Hello

we live in a small hamlet of five houses 4km south of Lac de vassiviere, almost on the border with Haute-Vienne.

The area is stunningly beautiful and we have views to die for.............it's doggy heaven for our two airedales and welsh terrier.

Bliss

Moira

Ruston
Nov 2006
by lavaufranche • Thu 23 Nov 2006 17:25

Between Boussac & Gouzon when we are not in Bath, hope to move down permanently when children have finished school and uni. We love the countryside and neighbours have looked after us when we have been down in the Creuse

lavaufranche
Nov 2006
by emandem • Tue 12 Dec 2006 18:17

Hoorah, from early January we will be in L'Age Quatre Maux, a small village near Crozant and the Indre border. We know the area quite well and love it, but have a lot to learn.
Unfortunately we won't have a phone let alone a web connection for a while -so if anyone should be kind enough to send a message could it be before3rd January. On that day Marc, me and the dog will be excitedly en route! Marg'et

emandem
Dec 2006
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions