Creuse in 1959
by Dave • Fri 28 Dec 2018 13:55

Here is a short video from YouTube showing Creuse in 1959. There are a lot of recognisable places and although you can see some changes it's very similar

(it's better with the sound off IMO but each to their own).

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Creuse in 1959
by Ricardo • Fri 28 Dec 2018 20:23

Fascinating. Same place, but a different world.

Ricardo
Jul 2009
by charlie • Fri 18 Jan 2019 13:41

Thanks Dave, I enjoyed watching it with the sound very low. I failed to spot familiar places but the overall character is clear. In many as I prefer our present comfortable life style but in part that is because we still have so much beautiful countryside all around us.

Happy New Year to you all, Alistair.

charlie
Dec 2004
by bealdor • Mon 21 Jan 2019 16:57

It was an interesting watch, I am currently trying to research as much as possible about my commune, there are a lot of old neighbours but I hardly ever see them and my french is not good enough to go knocking on doors. I am interested in finding out about the railway line that ran north out of Dun la Palestede. can any one help.

bealdor
Jan 2019
by LeDolly • Tue 22 Jan 2019 17:12

Leaving D-l-P, the line passed through LES TUILERIES, passing the western side of the tip, curving westward through LA COQUETIÈRE, then CHADREUGNAT and the station/goodsyard at LES BIÈRE. Turning north at LA JAUSSÈE then NW and SW then NE to join the POLLT line at ST SEBASTION.

Leaving D-l-P in the opposite direction, the line headed south via LES ABATTIORS, then CHABANNES turning east and SE through GRAND MONTPION. It continued to BUSSIÈRE DUNOISE then SE ish through CHERBÈTOUX, BUSSEROLLES and THEIX then joining the GÈURET line at the now Stade Leo Lagrange.

Le-Dolly
LeDolly
Jun 2017
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions