Le quatorze juillet
by Creusebear Thu 13 Jul 2017 08:34

We are here for the first time for July 14th. I have noticed some staging and a marquee going up in the local town. What sort of events happen to celebrate Bastille Day here in Creuse?

Creusebear
May 2007
Re: Le quatorze juillet
by Dave Thu 13 Jul 2017 09:01

It depends a bit on the town, but the one's I've been to had various amounts of partying / dancing / speeches / marching and all had drinking and late night fireworks.

These days I tend to enjoy the fireworks from a distance and raise a quiet glass at home.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by virtdave Thu 13 Jul 2017 13:54

The mayor of our little commune, St-Georges-Nigremont, loves fireworks, and tonite, after a dinner (grillades) there'll be an amusing little display. Aubusson also has one tonite, quite viewable from the gare routière.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by Creusebear Fri 14 Jul 2017 19:02

Thanks both. I am not keen on fireworks (wuss, I know) so have decided on a quiet evening in. Our nearest town is putting on a band and a bal trad. When I asked my neighbour about the bal trad (recent arrival - not a Creusois) she told me it was not to be missed as every one got plastered and it was hilarious to watch. 😕. So, a quiet night in it is!

Creusebear
May 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions